Even if your car dies and you decide it’s beyond repair, you might be surprised to find that you can sell your car for parts, and some of those parts can be pretty pricey!
Take a look at this list to find out which are the most valuable parts of your car:
- GPS: If your built in GPS is in a good condition and still intact, it could fetch you a few hundred dollars. If you have a portable GPS, it’s a good idea to remove it and sell it separately, although it won’t fetch as much money as a built in GPS.
- Exhaust System: Exhaust systems help to control the noise of your engine and reduce fumes. Exhaust systems are always in high demand, and if you have one that is in good condition, then selling it could be very profitable.
- Catalytic Converter: Catalytic convertors contain precious metals like palladium, platinum and rhodium, that’s why they have a high resell value.
- Fenders: Fenders in good condition are easy to sell because many people look for them to save money as new fenders for a car can get really expensive. A fender is used to protect the wheel wells and portions of the undercarriage of a car.
- Door: The need for car door replacements are always high. Car doors along with windows, window controls, mirror controls, lock/ unlock buttons etc. can fetch you a fair sum of money.
- Tyres and Rims: New tyres and rims even for the smallest cars can get really expensive. Tyres in a good condition can easily be converted into cash. Tyres along with chrome, aluminium or alloy rims can make you richer by hundreds of dollars.
Looking for new or second hand parts for your car in Brisbane? Get in touch with Underwood Wrecking, we are a one stop shop for all your car needs.