It may get quite difficult for an amateur to detect signs of failure in their car radiator or engine. Most of us have a habit of delaying our car service and maintenance routine which is one of the main reasons why our engines, radiators or other parts wear down too easily.
Here are a few ways to find out if your engine is on its way out:
- Check the engine light: When the engine light is on, it should not be ignored or delayed. Engine lights were made to inform you of potential trouble.
- Unusual noises: The unusual noises that your car may make are knocking, backing, firing, hissing, spitting and popping. These noises usually happen due to abnormality in the combustion flow. They are a strong sign of a faulty engine.
- Engine stalling: None of us would like to drive a car that keeps stopping and requires a restart every now and then. This is a strong indication that something is wrong with the engine
Radiators help to keep the engine cool. Here are a few tips to help you understand the signs of a faulty radiator:
- Leaking coolant: The coolant’s job is to absorb the engine’s A leaking coolant signals a crack in your radiator. This means that your engine will overheat and cause further problems that will cost you more money.
- Overheated vehicle: If you find out that your vehicle is overheating too often, then it is a sign that your radiator is going bad and needs to be replaced. If this problem is not diagnosed immediately then it can cause your vehicle to break down.
- Sludge in radiator: The coolant in a radiator should usually be yellow, green or red. However, if you find it has a dirty rusty colour, it means it has been contaminated. Contaminated fluid will not be able to work effectively to cool the engine down.
The above are allsigns that your car needs its engine or radiator check and possibly replaced. If you are living in Brisbane, get a new or second-hand engine or radiator at Underwood Wrecking at unbeatable prices.